IPL-10: MS Dhoni fired as skipper of Rising Pune Supergiants
New Delhi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been dropped as the captain of Rising Pune Supergiants ahead of season 10 of the Indian Premiere League.
Sanjeev Goenka, owner of RPS, said they have chosen Steve Smith to lead the side.
What else RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka?
- Rising Pune Supergiants failed to deliver expected performance, despite having a good side.
- We did not get expected results last year.
- We could have done much better.
Goenka said Dhoni gave proper cooperation and welcomed the decision when he was told about the same.
Dhoni will be promoted up in the batting order, said reports.
Few reports, however, suggest that Mahi himself asked the team management to put him down as Pune skipper.
- RPS played mediocre in IPL-9 as it won just five matches of a total of 14 matches played.
- Captain Dhoni also failed to impress with the bat. He scored 284 runs from 12 innings with a single half-century.
- It will be for the first time when MSD will not captain any side in IPL.
- Under his regime, Chennai Super Kings emerge victorious two times in IPL and Champions League.