IndvsNZ, Kanpur Test: Jadeja helps India post 318 runs
Kanpur: The last wicket partnership of 41 runs between Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav helped India to reach respectable total of 318 runs on the Day 2 of the first Test match of the three-match series at the Green Park stadium in Kanpur on Friday.
Jadeja scored quick 42 runs off 44 balls hitting seven fours and a single six while Umesh Yadav gave a proper support before N. Wanger dismissed him at a score of nine runs. Indian innings folded before lunch.
India lost advantage on Day 1:
- India frittered away the advantage of winning the toss and batting first on a slow track of the Green Park stadium.
- At stumps on first day of the first match of three-match Test series, Ravindra Jadeja (16) and Umesh Yadav (8) were at crease.
- No big partnership was seen except a classy one of 112 runs for second between between Vijay-Pujara.
- Pujara scored 62 runs at a good strike rate hitting eight fours in 109 balls knock.
- Vijay had hit 65 runs.
- Indian captain and Vice-captain Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane failed to create any impact after being dismissed at scores of 9 and 18 runs respectively.
- Rohit Sharma, whose selection was a debatable one, was again a disappointment scoring 35 runs.
- For New Zealand, Mitchell Santer and Trent Boult bagged three wickets each while others including Craig and Sodhi claimed single wicket each.
- Wanger took two wickets.
The pitch is expected to take huge turn from Day 2.
Also read: IndvsNZ, Kanpur Test: India loses advantage on Day 1