IndvsNZ: What Feroz Shah Kotla has to offer in second ODI?
New Delhi: "I don't think there is anything that I need to look at the Kotla pitch for”, this is what Indian Cricket team head coach Anil Kumble said regarding the pitch of second oldest Cricket ground of Feroz Shah Kotla which will host the second ODI of the five-match series between Indian and New Zealand here on Thursday.
According to pitch curator, Feroz Shah Kotla is going to offer batting friendly pitch supporting spin bowling.
India’s record at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium:
- India has won 12 games out of 19 ODIs.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the leading run-scorer with 300 runs in eight ODIs.
- Feroz Shah Kotla has hosted 32 Tests, 23 ODIs and four T20s.
- It was in September 1982, when Feroz Shah Kotla had hosted its first ever International game when Kapil Dev led India team had overpowered Sri Lanka by six wickets.
- After winning three back-to-back ODIs at the Feroz Shah Kotla, West Indies had thumped India in 1989.
Other records of Feroz Shah Kotla:
Highest total: 330/8 in 50 overs (West Indies v Netherlands, 2011)
Lowest total: 115 in 31.3 overs (Netherlands vs West Indies, 2011)
Highest score: 145 - Ricky Ponting (Australia v Zimbabwe, 1998)
Best bowling: 6/27 - Kemar Roach (West Indies v Netherlands, 2011)
Highest partnership: 219 for 2nd wicket - Mark Waugh, Ricky Ponting (Australia v Zimbabwe, 1988)
Most runs: 300 in 8 ODIs - Sachin Tendulkar
Most wickets: 7 in 2 ODIs - Kemar Roach
In the absence of Suresh Raina who is suffering from viral fever, Indian skipper MS Dhoni will not look to make any change in the playing 11.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson(c), Ross Taylor, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi(w), James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Doug Bracewell, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult, Matt Henry, Anton Devcich, BJ Watling
India : Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni(w/c), Mandeep Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni
R Ashwin tweets to clear controversy with Harbhajan