IndvsNZ, 3rd Cricket Test: Match Preview
Indore: Roaring, raring and yet set to shine in the red ball Cricket, Indian team will look for a whitewash in the final Test encounter beginning Saturday.
It is for the first time that Holkar Cricket Stadium is hosting any Test match. As per the pitch curator, the pitch would suit both spinners and pacers.
So far in the series, Virat Kohli and brigade has delivered and asserted its dominance reclaiming top spot in the ICC Test Rankings. On the other hand, visitors are not the favourites with demoralising performance in the first Two Test matches.
- India has got Shardul Thakur and Karun Nair in place of injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan.
- Experienced Gautam Gambhir could get to a chance to release his frustration with the bat if Nair remained uncapped.
- Indian batting looks strong with batsmen like Murali Vijay, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma and Wriddhiman Saha.
- Cheteshwar Pujara and Saha are the real charms so far in the series while Rohit’s fabulous form could serve more tension among the Black Caps.
- Ashwin and Jadeja, both with the bat and bowl, are playing awe-inspiring Cricket.
- In the absence of Bhuvi and Ishant, the pace department will rely on Mohd. Shami.
- Shradul Thakur had an impressive Ranji season where he picked 41 wickets at an average of 24.51.
- Nothing gone well for Kiwis from the very start of the series.
- Batsmen surrendered in front of Indian spin.
- NZ spinners including Santner and Ish Sodhi have tried to create an impact but failed at the end.
- Ace-batsmen including Ross Taylor and Guptill are out of form.
- Kiwis will play for pride as they have nothing to lose in the three-match Test series.
- A win could only fill them with some confidence before the start of ODI series.
Also read: Bhuvneshwar faces back strain, Shardul Thakur replaces