IndvsEng: Karun Nair finds healthy rivalry with KL Rahul
Chennai: After playing an awe-inspiring 303-run knock, Indian young batting talent Karun Nair on Monday said that he finds a healthy rivalry with his team mate KL Rahul as duo began playing Cricket together since the age of 10.
“At every stage, if he has gone ahead I have caught up. If I have gone ahead, he has caught up. So I think that healthy rivalry is good,” said Nair.
The 25-year old batsman, however, felt sorry for Rahul who missed his maiden double ton by a single run. “I feel bad for him that he did not get the double hundred but I think he will get one very soon,” said Nair.
Karun Nair dug into the England attack, smashing it to all parts of the ground in his unbeaten record 303-run knock. Rahul also scored 199 runs in his typical fashion.
What else Karun Nair said?
- A far bigger achievement for me if I look back.
- I played a lot longer for over two days in the Chennai heat.
- It is just amazing moment in my career to get such a milestone and I would like to just go on.
What Nair said regarding the dominance of sweep shots in his career best inning?
- I have played sweep shot almost all my life.
- You do have to work hard over it.
- It is my go-to shot whenever I need some boundaries.
- I always opt to go for it whenever gaps are open for it.
Also read: Karun Nair converts maiden ton into a triple