India to play two T20s against West Indies after Test series
New Delhi: Giving a green signal to the Twenty20 International series against West Indies, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday announced that India will go on a two-match tour against current World Champions in the United States.
The matches will be played on August 27 and August 28 at Central Broward Regional Park of Fort Lauderdale in Florida.
BCCI president Anurag Thakur said-
- As part of our continuous efforts to reach out to new markets and audiences, I am very happy to announce that Team India will play two T20Is against the West Indies in the United States.
- This will be a great opportunity for the cricket fans in America to watch the two champion sides in action.
- This will be developed into an annual cricketing event in the United States.
BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke said-
- This initiative is path-breaking in terms of the expansion of our great sport.
- It is our endeavour to make every possible effort to connect with fans in different parts of the world.
Squad for the T20 series is yet to be announced.
Currently, India is on a four-Test match tour against Caribbean’s.
Manish Pandey will lead India A in Australia