IND vs ENG live streaming available at hotstar.com, Hotstar mobile app
Pune: India will take on England in the 1st ODI of the three-match series at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, here on Sunday. IND vs ENG live streaming will be available at hotstar.com, starsports.com and Hotstar mobile app.
India vs England live match action can also be seen on Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 3 channels.
Virat Kohli led Indian Cricket team has won the toss and invited England to bat.
For more Ind vs NZ cricket updates, keep surfing newstrack.com.
India (Playing XI): Virat Kohli(c), Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, MS Dhoni(w), Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav
England (Playing XI): Eoin Morgan(c), Alex Hales, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Jos Buttler(w), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Jake Ball
Check more cricket related stories in next slides:
Indian ODI, T20 teams get redefined jersey alongside brand new skipper
Mumbai: Indian Cricket team will not only be led by a new skipper during the upcoming England series, but also sport a refreshing look in the all-new jersey unveiled on Thursday.
The new jersey for the One Day International (ODI) games has been unveiled by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) over its official Twitter handle along with a caption “Redefine the game, Define your future”.
Indian cricket stars Mahendra Singh Dhoni, skipper Virat Kohli, Test vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane, spin prodigy R Ashwin and Indian Women’s Cricket team players including skipper Mithali Raj.
The new jersey, designed by BCCI’s official aparel sponsor Nike, has various distinguish features:
– The new jersey has tri-colour strip on the shoulders.
– Zero distraction and tuned mobility for players to concentrate on their game.
– It has enhance reflexes to allow players to move freely in the field.
– Jersey has a slight darker shade on the sleeves.
India, however, will take on England from January 15 onwards in a three-match ODI and T20I series each.
Visit Next Slide to read - When MS Dhoni took career-changing move for Rohit Sharma!!!
Crediting former skipper MS Dhoni, Indian Cricket team opener Rohit Sharma on Thursday said that it was former who asked him to open the innings in the 2013 Champions Trophy in England. He further stated that the decision left his career with positive changes.
“Mahi believed that I should open for India in limited over format. This move helped me become a better batsman and understand my game better,” said the right-handed batsman.
Rohit Sharma about Dhoni’s big move:
- MSD just came up to me and said he want me to open the innings as he is confident that I will do well.
- Dhoni said, “Since you can play both cut and pull shot well, you have the qualities to succeed as an opener”.
- He told me that I should not be scared of failures or get upset by criticism.
Praising the most successful Indian captain, Rohit admitted that he is blessed to have played under Mahendra Singh Dhoni. “His calmness in pressure situations helped us. He always led from the front. There would not be one like him,” he added.
Rohit, the top scorer in ODIs, is recovering from a thigh injury which he suffered during the ODIs against New Zealand. He is expected to take six to eight weeks to recover completely.
It could be mentioned here that Rohit was the top scorer for India in 2016.
Read next why Dhoni calls final series as India captain a ‘special’ one
Probably captaining his final series, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, thanked his fans for their continuous support and love since long.
“This is my final series as a skipper. I will still captain in the IPL and Jharkhand team,” said MSD during the toss of the first of the two practice matches against England. “It is a special game,” he added.
The Brabourne stadium of Mumbai is witnessing so many people turning up in large numbers for the practice game. When Dhoni was asked about the same, he said this shows their love towards him.
Praising Yuvraj Singh, Dhoni said he is kind of player who can play dual role; both as batsman and bowler as well.
“I think we need someone who can loop the ball. We did not have too many batsmen who can bowl a bit, I guess Yuvi can do that part,” said Dhoni.
Visit Next Slide to read - Dhoni and me will play aggressive Cricket now: Yuvraj
New Delhi: Appreciating MS Dhoni’s decision of stepping down as skipper, Indian destructive batsman Yuvraj Singh on Monday admitted that he along with Mahi could began playing the same fearless Cricket that duo used to play in the early phase of their career.
"It will be like the old days playing with Dhoni when we had started. I started much before him but back then we were fearless when we used to play together. We can do the same this time, in the upcoming series," Yuvraj told bcci.tv.
"We have won the T20 World Cup, the ICC World Cup and the ICC Champions Trophy and were also the number one Test team under him. I'm not sure how many captains have that," Yuvi added.
Backing Virat, the left-handed batsman said that MSD must have seen a potential in Virat of leading the Indian team in the World Cup 2019.
Praising Virat, Yuvi said:
· Virat has 100 percent commitment and that is the the hallmark of a good captain.
· Every year he gets better with his performances.
· Virat has the ability to take India to the next level.
Visit Next Slide to read - Remembering MS Dhoni’s swansong as captain in all formats
New Delhi: The sudden exit of MS Dhoni from ODI and T20 captaincy has left Cricket lovers sinked in nostalgia after having seen the golden period of Indian Cricket.
The cool and composed Mahi did wonders for the tricolor in all three formats of the Cricket, be it Tests, ODIs or T20s.
Newstrack.com will bring you his glorious swansong as Captain Cool who scored winning runs hitting Nuwan Kulsekara’s delivery out of the park and making India’s 28-yr long dream of winning World Cup come true.
MS Dhoni’s last matches as a skipper:
- ODI: Neither was MS Dhoni nor Cricket devotees were aware that the final ODI against New Zealand would be the final 50-over game of his career as a skipper. India, however, had won the five match series 3-2.
- T20: United States, for the very first time, had hosted any International Cricket series. The first of US became last for MS. India lost 0-1 to Windies.
- Test: This was the biggest shocker to the World Cricket. The most successful Indian skipper took a shocking retirement from the Red Ball Cricket. It was the third Test of the Gavaskar-Border trophy at Melbourne Cricket ground when MSD, minutes after the end of Day 5, said goodbye to the longest format of the game.
The record-book of ‘Captain’ MS Dhoni:
- MSD is the only skipper to win all three major ICC tournaments
- Dhoni scored 6,633 runs as a captain in ODIs, which is the second most by any captain
- Mahi has an average of 53.92 in ODIs, which is second highest for any captain.
- Dhoni is the second most successful skipper in the World Cricket, winning 110 ODIs off 165 ODIs.
- In 72 T20s, he guided Indians to win 41 T20s, most by any captain both in terms of wins and matches.
- One of the best finishers has hit 126 sixes which is most by any skipper in ODIs.
- In terms of bagging Man of the Match awards, Mahi is at the second spot as a captain.
- In the regime of captaincy, he remained unbeaten for 26 times, most by any skipper.
- MSD is the second fastest to hit 3,000 runs in ODIs as a skipper.
Visit Next Slide to read - Dhoni’s decision right if he retires before World Cup: Dravid
New Delhi: Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid feels that MS Dhoni has taken the right decision of quitting captaincy from limited overs format, if he has plans of retirement before 2019 Cricket World Cup.
For Dravid, Dhoni quitting the captaincy was not a surprise decision.
“I think it is a good time to let Virat take over and have enough time to build ODI team of his liking for the next World Cup,” said ‘The Wall’.
Rahul Dravid admitted that Mahi’s experience and ability should be used by Virat Kohli.
“The question obviously remains that you need to earn your place in the team and you need to do it with performances. So at his best and performing really well, a guy like MS Dhoni is invaluable to India’s one-day team, especially in the big tournaments coming up,” said Dravid.
Calling MSD as India’s most successful skipper, Dravid said under former’s regime Men in Blue achieved several milestones and he took the game forward in this country.