Called Shastri immediately after becoming India's coach: Kumble
Bengaluru: Decently avoiding Ganguly-Shastri controversy, Indian Cricket team’s head coach Anil Kumble on Wednesday said that Ravi Shastri was the first one who I called first after been chosen as the coach and applauded latter of doing magnificent job with the team.
Kumble had downplay the controversy saying the whole affair was about the players rather than the individuals.
In his first press conference as Indian team’s coach, Kumble said-
- I called Ravi Shastri immediately after having been selected as the head coach.
- He did a wonderful job with the Indian team.
- It is not about Ravi or me or anyone else. It is about the players and the team.
- From my point of view, we all want Indian team to do well, and perform at it is best.
- We all believe that India team has the potential to dominate all three formats.
- Shastri was part of this journey and now I am part of this journey.
- He congratulated me and I told him we have a fantastic team.
Virat Kohli led Indian team will play West Indies in the first test match from July 21.