The Green Park diary of records before Ind-NZ clash
Kanpur: The Green Park stadium of Kanpur has remained lucky for the Indian Cricket team. Whether it is Tests or One Day Internationals, the ground has favoured the Indian side.
Virat Kohli led Indian team will play New Zealand in the first Test match of the three-match series at the Green Park in Kanpur.
Newstrack.com will put lights on some records of Indian team at the Green Park.
The Green Park records diary:
- India has so far played 21 Test games, winning six, losing three while 12 matches ended in a draw.
- The highest total of Indian team here is 676 runs which was made against Sri Lanka in 1986.
- In 2009, India had beaten South Africa by innings and 144 runs. This is the biggest win at the Green Park till date.
- In terms of centuries, Indian former batsmen Mohammad Azharuddin and Gundapa Viswanath top the list with three hundreds each.
- Highest individual score of 199 runs at the Green Park was made by Azharuddin against Sri Lanka in 1986.
- Viswanath had scored a total of 776 runs on this ground the highest by any batsman.
- It is also Viswanath who carries the record of most half-centuries at the Green Park. He had hit 7 fifties.
- When it comes to bowling, Kapil Dev is the highest wicket taker bagging 25 wickets in 7 matches.
- Sehwag-Gambhir first wicket stand of 233 runs against Sri Lanka is the highest partnership till date.
Also read: Threat of rains looms large on India-Kiwi Kanpur cricket test match