Rio 2016: India loses to Germany in men’s hockey
Rio de Janeiro: In a heart breaking match for Indian hockey lovers, India lost to Germany by 1-2 in the preliminaries of men’s hockey of Pool B, in the ongoing Rio Olympics.
The Germany, with this win is at the top of the table while India has maintained the third position.
- Both the teams were at level 1-1 at the half time.
- Germany took the lead against the run of play through a field goal from Niklas Wellen in the 18th minute.
- SV Sunil had won penalty corner for India after a German foot was found in the run down.
- Christopher Ruhr of Germany scored the winning goal.
- The win has helped Germany to keep their l run intact against India since 1996.
- India last defeated Germany in Olympics in the Atlanta Games when they secured a 3-0 victory.
India will next play Argentina on Tuesday.