Djokovic beats Andy Murray; claims maiden French Open title
Paris: Serbian Tennis player Novak Djokovic defeated Britain’s Andy Murray 3-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 on a cloudy day on Sunday and claimed his maiden French Open title.
- He becomes the eighth man in career to complete the Grand Slam after recovering from a nervous start.
- It is his fourth Grand Slam title in a row.
- Earlier, he faced three failures in Garlos Roland final.
After his spectacular win, Djokovic said-
- It is a very special moment, possibly the biggest moment in my career.
- I felt the love of the crowd.
Murray applauded Novak’s determination and said that latter’s achievements in the past 12 months are phenomenal as winning all the Grand Slams in one year is big achievement.