Dhoni guided me throughout the limited over series, says Virat
Bengaluru: After winning three back-to-back series in all three formats of Cricket against England, Indian skipper Virat Kohli has the world in the palm of his hands. Kohli said that he was taking advices from MS Dhoni during the series deciding final T20.
“It was the experience of MS Dhoni and Ashish Nehra which helped me a lot in the crucial match. I was speaking to them during the game,” said Virat after scripting a 75-run victory in the 3rd T20 at M. Chinnaswamy stadium against English team.
Revealing the reason of India’s success, Kohli said that Indian team played aggressive Cricket throughout the tour with all guns blazing.
What else Virat said?
- I have captained in the Test format for a while, ODI and T20 games move very fast.
- So to take advice from a person who has captained the side at this level for so long and understands the game really well is never a bad idea in crucial situations.
- Bringing on Bumrah right after that over from Chahal, I was thinking of giving Pandya another over instead. Both of them suggested that let's not wait till the 19th over and instead bring on the main bowlers.
- It does not matter if I am captain or Dhoni was captain before. The talk has always been to take responsibility as individuals.
- It is about wanting to make a difference for Team India and taking equal ownership of the team. That is the only way the team can become a champion side.