BCCI should remain stern on few Lodha recommendations: Ravi Shastri

Samarth Srivastava

Samarth SrivastavaBy Samarth Srivastava

Published on 5 Nov 2016 3:24 PM GMT

BCCI should remain stern on few Lodha recommendations: Ravi Shastri
X
BCCI should remain stern on few Lodha recommendations: Ravi Shastri
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

New Delhi: Questioning Lodha recommendations, former Indian Cricket team director Ravi Shastri on Saturday said that Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should follow 80 to 85 percent of Lodha recommendations and remain stern on other points.

Talking to a news channel, Shastri said:

  • 80 to 85 percent of Lodha Committee recommendations should be implemented, but remaining 15 percent recommendations are inviting problems for BCCI as they are practically not possible.
  • Reforms in cricket are necessary but BCCI should remain stern in some cases.

Coming on Lodha’s one of the recommendations of three national selectors instead of five, Shastri said, “India is a big country and at least five national selectors representing five zones are needed, along with 10 talent scouts, two for each zone.”

“If an administrator is doing good work, why should he be removed after three years? Where is the guarantee that his successor would carry on the good work of his predecessor?” questions Shastri.

Shastri said it will be totally wrong to blame BCCI as it gave us cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapill Dev and Virat Kohli.

Also read:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Virat Kohli turns 28, bright future ahead for Indian Cricket

Samarth Srivastava

Samarth Srivastava

Employed as sub-editor at newstrack.com. A learner, who loves covering sports, entertainment and defence kind of stuff.

Next Story