Anurag Thakur slams Sandip Patil for his Sachin, Dhoni remark
New Delhi: Coming down heavily on former selection committee chief Sandeep Patil, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) chief Anurag Thakur on Tuesday said it is very unfair and wrong to reveal confidential details about Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni or any other player after ending his tenure as head of selection committee.
Thakur assured that BCCI will take action in this regard very soon.
What Sandip Patil had said:
- There were plans of removing Tendulkar from the side before he quit the International Cricket.
- It happened several times when we discussed regarding the removal of MSD as a skipper.
- Selection committee was planning to give the captaincy to somebody else but then changed our thought as 2015 World Cup was on the cards.
What Anurag Thakur said:
- Sandeep Patil, being a former chairman, should have avoided making such comments.
- The same questions were replied by him differently when he was the chairman.
- One should refrain from making such unethical and unwanted comments in selection matters.
- It is because he has been trusted to become the chairman, because he has played enough Cricket.
- There were four more selectors also, they did not said regarding the same.
The three-year tenure of Patil had ended this month.