Ajinkya Rahane assures India’s win in historic 500th Test in Kanpur
Kanpur: Looking forward to be a part of 500th Cricket Test match India is going to play against New Zealand in Kanpur, Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane said that the victory will be a perfect tribute to the historic Test game.
“We are very proud of being part of this occasion when India will take on Kiwis in first Test match of the three-match series starting from September 22 at Green Park stadium,” he said.
Indian vice-captain said that it will be a celebratory moment for them if they win the big game.
What else Rahane said?
- Whatever the nature of pitch is, our only concern would be playing well.
- We have played some tremendous Cricket in West Indies and the terrific form of players also continued in the Duleep trophy.
- Virat Kohli led team will focus on its strength.
Commenting on disruptions by the heavy rains, he said, “its not our call as it is uncontrollable.”
Terming Black Caps as a great team, Rahane informs that the team is analyzing the weakness of their players by watching video clips.
What Rahane said over Green Park:
- We played an ODI match against South Africa here, a year ago, the wicket usually remains slow.
- For us, it will be all about analyzing the wicket to play accordingly.
Also read: Threat of rains looms large on India-Kiwi Kanpur cricket test match
Also read: PHOTOS: Indian Cricket team at Lucknow airport