I will fulfil PM's promise of developing Varanasi into Kyoto: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Thanking Varanasi people for showing unprecedented support during his road show, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav slammed the Centre saying Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not taken a single step to fulfil his promise of transforming 'Kashi' into 'Kyoto' (smart city in Japan).
The Samajwadi Party (SP) president was addressing a media gathering at the party headquarters in the state capital. He was accompanied by senior party leaders like Mata Prasad Pandey and Rajendra Chaudhary.
"Firstly, I want to thank the people of Varanasi for showing immense support at my road show. I passed the test in the first attempt, but unfortunately PM Modi failed. This is why he had to reorganise a road show on the next day," said Akhilesh, adding, "PM had promised to transform the religious town into a smart city. The Centre has failed to complete even 5 per cent work in this regard. After winning the elections on March 11, I promise to fulfil PM's promise of developing Kashi into Japanese smart city, Kyoto."
Claiming that no irregularity was practised in schemes like 'Kanya Vidya Dhan', 'Samajwadi Pension Yojna' and ‘Laptop distribution', Akhilesh Yadav said, "The law and order situation in the state has been an agenda for the opposition parties. But I want to tell the people of UP that the most number of crimes are executed in the BJP-ruled states."
"PM has falsely alleged that we stopped providing electricity to the districts where elections are over. I want to tell him that Samajwadi government has worked throughout the five years without discrimination," he pointed out.
What else Akhilesh Yadav said?
- We gave Dial 100 and 1090 Women Power Line to reduce crimes across the state.
- People who were benefited under the laptop distribution, Kanya Vidya Dhan and Samajwadi Pension Yojna will vote for SP.
- I have visited all the districts of UP except Saharanpur.
- Outsiders come to UP and get vanished, but we have been and always will be here only.
- People will only support the party which believes in development.
- SP has the support of youths as well as women of the state.
Attack on Mayawati
- Buaji compels her visitors to stand on their knees.
- She charges money to meet anyone.
- She doesn’t believe in addressing the grievances of the poor.
What he said over absconding gangrape accused UP minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati?
- Action will surely be taken if he is found guilty.
- I have conveyed my answer to UP Governor Ram Naik's question.
Reacting over his step mother Sadhna Yadav's statement that she played an instrumental role in making him an MP, the UP CM said, "Nobody can stop you from entering politics. You can also join politics by joining hands with any party, but I believe it is too late now."