UP political scenario remains fluid, Yadav clan to sit together
The animosity among the Yadav clan which started last month over merger of mafia-turned politician Mukhtar Ansari's QED with SP peaked now when Akhilesh sacked Parajapti, the minister considered very close to Mulayam. Mulayam also fuelled the issue by saying he was in Delhi when decision was taken by Akhilesh without informing him.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav cancelled all his official programmes in the wake of current political situation in the state which remains fluid even as the rumour mills working overtime.
The political scene is presently shifted to New Delhi where the ruling Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav is stationed to hold meetings with senior party leaders Ram Gopal Yadav and Shiv Pal Singh Yadav who has flown to the national capital from Etawah. According to sources, they may come to Lucknow later in the evening and thrash out various family issues under the patronage of Mulayam.
Meanwhile, Shiv Pal managed to dilute the crisis amid reports of his possible resignation from all party posts saying ''any, wish, suggestion or order of Mulayam Singh Yadav will always remain binding on me.''
The political uncertainty in the state had taken a curious turn following Shiv Pal's elevation as the state SP President replacing CM Akhilesh Yadav who was also holding the party post. In what looked like a prompt action of retaliation, Akhilesh divested his uncle Shiv Pal of the major portfolios of PWD and Irrigation handing him the less important departments of Land Development and Social Welfare.
A series of events:
- On June 21, Shivpal had merged Mukhtar Ansari’s Quami Ekta Dal (QED) and Samajwadi Party (SP).
- Opposing Shivpal’s step, Akhilesh had called off the merger.
- On August 14, Shivpal created a furore in political circle by saying that he would resign from the party if atrocities against deprived were not stopped.
- Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had also held Akhilesh led Uttar Pradesh government responsible for this in his speech on Independence Day at the state party office in Lucknow.
You may also read: Shivpal Yadav to resign, says impossible to work with Akhilesh
- Shivpal had played down the issue, saying ‘all is well within the party and Samajwadi family’.
- Shivpal had said no one including Akhilesh Yadav could stop the merger of QED-SP merger.
- Calling Akhilesh inexperienced, Shivpal had said that former is too young and learning politics.
The present scenario:
- On September 12 (Monday), Akhilesh sacked Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Panchayati Raj Minister Raj Kishor Singh.
- Akhilesh, on Tuesday, removed Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal and posted Rahul Bhatnagar as the new CS.
- Hours after Akhilesh’s step, Mulayam appointed Shivpal as the Samajwadi Party State President by Mulayam replacing Akhilesh Yadav.
- After this Akhilesh, in an unexpected manner, stripped his uncle Shivpal of important portfolios of PWD and irrigation and handed him less important portfolios.
A must Read: Uttar Pradesh Politics mired in Yadav family feud??
The whole episode is nothing more than a drama, says Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Reacting on some sudden developments in the SP, BJP state President Keshav Prasad Maurya tagged SP as a ‘cinematic party’ while BSP supremo Mayawati called the whole chapter a drama.