UP Guv sanctions prosecution against former UP minister
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik on the recommendations of state government gave prosecution sanction against former UP Minister Rakeshdhar Tripathi, who was found guilty by the State Vigilance Department in a disproportionate income case.
- The case will run under the Anti-Corruption Act.
- He was Higher Education Minister from 13 May 2007 to 5 October 2011 in the Mayawati led Uttar Pradesh government.
- The vigilance department found him guilty in a disproportionate case.
- His assets from all valid source of income were found worth Rs 45,82,215 while the department confirmed his assets worth Rs 1,81,20,566, which was 295 per cent more.
- Case was registered against him in June 2013.
- The FIR was registered at Mutthiganj police station of Allahabad district.
- His income during 2007-2011 was Rs 49.49 lakh while he spent Rs 2.67 crores.