UP CM sacks Balram Yadav; SP-QED alliance likely on hold
Lucknow: After making his intentions clear by dismissing the Minister for Secondary Education Balram Yadav from the party, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, late on Tuesday, has most likely applied breaks on merger between SP and Mukhtar Ansari's party Quami Ekta Dal (QED).
Sources also told newztrack.com that UP CM has revolted against senior party leaders Shivpal Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav and expressed his anguish to party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Akhilesh Yadav had made it clear during his Jaunpur visit that Samajwadi Party would never entertain any merger if its ministers will justify their posts and work properly.
- Akhilesh Yadav visited Jaunpur on Tuesday to meet the kins of Santosh Yadav, who was killed during Mathura violence.
- Though no official reason has been given for the removal, SP leaders said the Chief Minister was unhappy with Yadav over the controversial merger of QED with SP.
BJP's take over SP-QED Alliance
- State BJP unit slammed Samajwadi Party for entering into an alliance with party headed by a criminal
- How could SP improve law and order in state when it accommodates such people in party? questions BJP
- Even the SP leaders have started questioning this merger decision