Uma Bharti celebrates her birthday today
Lucknow: Union minister for human resource development Uma Bharti celebrates her birthday on May 3.With all her 'teerthyatras' and 'yagyas', she has earned the reputation of a 'sanyasin'. She is one of the controversial politician in the country.
- Uma Bharti was born on May 3 , 1959.
- Uma Bharti was born into a very religious Lodhi family of peasants in the district of Tikamgarh located in Madhya Pradesh.
- She engaged herself in the discourses of Indian epics and mythologies.
- She won her first Parliamentary election in 1984
- 1989, 1991, 1996 and 1998: won the Khajurao seat
- 1999: Won the Bhopal seat
- 2003: Won polls in Madhya Pradesh assembly
- 2004: Suspended from the BJP
- 2006: Established her own party, Bharatiya Janshakti Party
- 2005: Her suspension was revoked and and she was appointed as a member of the national executive of the BJP.
- 2005: She was excluded from the party as she was against the party’s decision to appoint Shivraj Singh Chauhan as the CM of Madhya Pradesh.
- 2011: Re-joined the BJP on June 7.
- 2012: Won assembly elections from the Charkhari constituency, Mahoba District.
- 2014 : won lok sabha elections form Jhansi Parliamentary Constituency (UP).
Different Departments Held by Uma Bharti
- Human Resource Development
- Youth Affairs & Sports
- Coal & Mines