Two Gandhis may face each other in Uttar Pradesh Assly election
Allahabad: It may be a Gandhi Vs Gandhi fight in Uttar Pradesh in the upcoming Assembly elections. While Congressmen are clamouring for Priyanka Gandhi and BJP workers are demanding projection of Varun Gandhi as Chief Ministerial candidate in the state.
Posters demanding projection of Varun Gandhi as chief ministerial candidate have already surfaced all over Allahabad.
- The demand to project Varun Gandhi has been made two days ahead of his visit to the city.
- The local BJP leader Awdhesh Rai said that BJP workers want Varun to be the face of the party in the next assembly election.
- Varun Gandhi is party Member of Parliament from Sultanpur.
- He had been dedicating his monthly salary to the debt ridden farmers.
- Congress workers had created a ruckus few days back when political strategist Prashant Kishor went there to meet them.
- The Congressmen reiterated their demand to bring Priyanka Gandhi in active politics.
- They shouted slogans of ‘Priyanka Lao Desh Bachao’.
- The party should regain this constituency and this can happen only when the baton is passed on to Priyanka Gandhi, said Congress general secretary of Allahabad, Shreesh Chandra Dubey.