Triple talaq is unconstitutional, says Ravi Shankar Prasad
Varanasi: Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Saturday took a dig at the 'triple talaq' issue saying that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would put its stand in the Supreme Court firmly to fight for the rights of Muslim women across the country.
Addressing a media gathering here, he said, "Triple talaq is against the norms of Indian constitution. The matter is in SC and BJP will present its stand over the issue appropriately to fight for the rights of Muslim women."
"Most of the Muslim women suffering due to triple talaq belong to Uttar Pradesh," he pointed out.
He claimed that the Centre is dedicated towards the beautification of Ganga river and construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, and soon the results will be visible.
Taking a jibe at Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Prasad said, "This is a well known fact that Rahul’s knowledge about Hindu religion, culture and tradition is very poor. I don’t need to say that as his own party leader Sheila Dikshit has admitted that he is immature."
He also warned Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav against Samajwadi Party's his alliance partner Congress, saying, "You have joined hands with Rahul Gandhi who never stood by the side of his own party members. In what ways he would be able to support you?"
Ravi Shankar Prasad also took a dig at Samajwadi Party MP from Kannauj Dimple Yadav, saying, "She is the wife of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. She is a newbie in terms of delivering speeches. Let her speak."
He questioned Akhilesh, why not a single factory was established in Uttar Pradesh during five years of his regime.
What else Ravi Shankar Prasad said?
- BJP is in fight with SP and BSP at different places.
- Congress done not stand a chance anywhere.
- Legal proceedings against Congress' son-in-law Robert Vadra are underway, and soon a decision will come.
- Demonetisation has broken the spine of terrorism, naxalites, human trafficking and many more illegal businesses across the country.
- We will not spare a single corrupt person having black money.
- BJP has achieved great success in Maharashtra and Odisha civic body elections.
- BJP has performed better ever since the note ban came into effect.
- The poor of the country are with BJP.
- In SP's rule, the FIR against their leaders is only registered under the pressure of media.
- When rape victims have to knock the door of courts, what is the benefit of Dial 100.
It may be mentioned that Varanasi is scheduled to go for polls in the seventh phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections on March 8.