Tanker Scam: CM Kejriwal attacks PM Modi after ACB action
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi after the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) registered an FIR against him and his predecessor Sheila Dikshit in the alleged Rs 400cr water tanker scam.
Delhi CM slammed Modi for inaction against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son-in-law Robert Vadra.
Kejriwal took to Twitter to say, “Modi ji you did not file FIR against Robert Vadra, you did not register FIR against Sonia Gandhi, you did not register FIR in any of the scams, mentioning which you became the PM.”
What else Kejriwal said?
• Earlier you (Narendra Modi) put me on CBI’s scanner and now have unleashed ACB behind me
• You got a CBI raid conducted at my office but got nothing
• I am not afraid of your agencies like ACB, CBI
• I welcome your FIR
• FIR against me proves that your (Narendra Modi) direct confrontation is with me
• Delhi’s ruling AAP government formed a team in June 2015 to find irregularities in hiring around 400 water tankers by Delhi Jal Board in 2012
• Sheila Dikshit was the then Chief Minister of Delhi
• AAP’s probe team highlighted Rs 400 crore scam in the process of distributing water tankers tender
• AAP then recommended an FIR against Sheila Dikshit
• AAP also demanded a CBI and ACB probe in the case
Why FIR against Arvind Kejriwal?
• Scam was held during Congress’ tenure but FIR has also been registered against Kejriwal
• FIR has been registered on grounds that Kejriwal government was aware of the scam but still no action was taken to cancel the contract