Subramanian targets Swamy after Rajan; Jaitley backs CEA
New Delhi: After publicly attacking RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan in the recent past, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Subramanian Swamy, on Wednesday, accused the Chief Economic Advisor, Arvind Subramanian of encouraging Congress to turn rigid on GST clauses and demanded his removal.
Subramanian Swamy attacks CEA
• Arun Jaitley's economic adviser Arvind Subramanian of Washington DC encouraged Congress to become rigid on GST clauses
• Arvind Subramanian told the US Congress on 13/3/13 that US should act against India to defend US Pharmaceuticals interests
• In an indirect attack, Subramanian Swamy said that now PTs (Patriotic Tweeples) can understand why our core economic sectors could not perform in the last two years
Arun Jaitley Jumped in for Arvind Subramanian’s defence
• Government has full confidence in Arvind Subramanian
• Arvind Subramanian's advice to the government from time to time has been of great value
• His presentation on textile and garment sector is prepared
• Jaitley said that party doesn't share Swamy's view
• BJP will decide if there should be any action against Swamy
Arvind Subramanian had taken charge as chief economic advisor to finance ministry in October 2014 succeeding Raghuram Rajan.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh targets BJP over tiff between party leaders
• Subramanian Swamy’s main target is Arun Jaitley and not Arvind Subramanian
• Digvijay said that Swamy wanted the Finance department but it eventually went to Arun Jaitley
• Is Modi handing over Finance Ministry to Subramanian Swamy?
• Digvijay attacked Swamy by saying that he would get something in return if he targets Nehru-Gandhi family