SP, Congress seal alliance in UP Assembly Elections
Lucknow: After weeks of dilly-dallying, Samajwadi Party and Congress on Sunday made a formal announcement of an alliance between the two in the coming Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
According to electoral understanding over seat sharing, SP will contest 298 seats leaving rest 105 seats in UP assembly for Congress, SP State President Naresh Uttam and UPCC President Raj Babbar announced it at a joint press conference.
Meanwhile, both the parties will issue a common agenda paper.
He said that the alliance between the two parties will work towards keeping BJP and Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) away from the power in Uttar Pradesh.
What Raj Babbar said?
- Congress and SP took a historical call of an alliance between the parties.
- Our alliance will work for the poor and deprived in the state.
- Congress has agreed for an alliance with SP due to Akhilesh Yadav's development work in the state.
- Congress and SP will work for women and youths in UP.
- We will challenge the polarisation politics of BJP.
- SP and Congress together will work for the empowerment of Dalits, OBC, poor and deprived.
- UP people will now not tolerate the forces which disintegrate the country.