Socialist Party releases the list of candidates for UP polls
Lucknow: Former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajendra Sachar on Wednesday announced the list of fifteen candidates of Socialist Party for Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls 2017.
The party announced the list giving nine seats to women and also promised to represent woman as the chief ministerial candidate.
- Justice Sachar while interacting with media stated that Government should end the punishment under Treason act as it is widely used by political parties for their benefit.
- On this occasion, the Magsaysay award winner and party's national vice-president Sandeep Pandey said that the party has already released a 33-points poll manifesto and if voted to power, they will go for prohibition in the state.
- Justice Sacchar also said that the government should reveal the name of the defaulter companies whose loans have been waived off by the banks.
- Justice Rajinder Sachar is a former justice of Delhi High Court.
- A committee was formed under his chairmanship by the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2005.
- The Rajinder Sachar committee was commissioned to prepare a report on the latest social, economical and education conditions of the Muslims.