Navjot Singh Sidhu officially quits BJP, confirms wife Navjot
Amritsar: Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu’s wife Navjot Kaur disclosed on the sidelines of the Punjab Assembly that her husband officially resigned from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) early on Wednesday.
Kaur said Sidhu has sent a letter to the BJP President Amit Shah in this regard.
When asked whether Sidhu discussed the issue with her before quitting BJP, she said:
- I was not consulted before resigning from the party.
- It was completely his decision.
- He didn’t discuss it with me because he knew that I would have persuaded him not to do so.
Navjot Kaur on his resignation from BJP:
- I have not yet resigned from the party.
- I will continue to serve my constituency as people over here need me.
- There is a lot of developmental work pending and hence, there is no question of quitting the party at this stage.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, however, has floated his own outfit ,Awaaz-e-Punjab , along with the Bains brothersn , to fulfill his political goals.