Shivpal chooses SP's mega platform to pour his heart out
The Silver Jubilee function of Samajwadi Party got off to an emotional start with state president Shivpal Singh Yadav choosing the occasion to open his heart out summing up last few months of turbulent period in the most passionate manner.
Lucknow: The Silver Jubilee function of Samajwadi Party got off to an emotional start with state president Shivpal Yadav choosing the occasion to open his heart, summing up last few months of turbulent period in the most passionate manner.
Complimenting Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav amid thunderous applause, Shivpal used the stage to announce '' I never, never desire to become Chief Minister .'' He, however, minced no words to recount his consistent 'insult' afflicted on him at the hands of the UP CM Akhilesh when he said ''I may be insulted several times , may be sacked on many occasions but my loyalty to party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and sentimental bonding with the party will remain unaffected.''
He said ''Akhilesh Yadav has done a commendable work over the last four and a half year but there has been my support all through. He went on to say that the performance of the departments I had held could be compared to any department of the Chief Minister be it PWD, Irrigation or Revenue.
The emotional outburst of Shivpal was manifested in front of a galaxy of leaders comprised of Mulayam himself, RJD Chief lalu Prasad Yadav, senior JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav, Janta Dal (S) President H D Devegowda and ministers of the Akhilesh government and party workers.
The SP leader who basically organised the party's mega show in the capacity of State SP President did not forget to thank Akhilesh Yadav for making this event historical. His emotional quotient, however, took everyone by surprise as he spoke at length about the treatment meted out to him in the recent past. '' How much sacrifice will you take from me, I am ever willing. I am even willing to face insult but disregard of party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will not be tolerated,'' he added.
In Next Slide: Read wahat else did SP state chief say...
Shivpal on work done by him:
- I have supported Akhilesh to the fullest when I was given the charge of PWD and other departments.
- I developed a work culture in PWD department.
- All the corporative institutions and over 25 banks were on the verge of closure. It was me who revived them.
- There was no cooperation from the department which resulted in delay in the work. It took years to complete projects which would have been completed in 3 months.
- Over 3000 ponds were made during my tenure.
What else he said:
- Shivpal welcomed Mulayam Singh Yadav and other Smajwadi leaders along with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav and Janata Dal leader Sharad Yadav.
- For me Lalau Prasad Yadav is like an elder brother, he said.
- The SP state President said, Sharad Yadav had also walked miles with the Samajwadi people during their difficult times. The Samajwadis had also protected Sharad Yadav in Amethi when his life was in danger, he stated.
- There are many who have worked for the party but got nothing and many who reached top positions by just flattering the leaders.
In Next Slide : Read what Shivpal said on Mulayam Singh Yadav and Women workers of the Party
Shivpal on Mulayam Singh Yadav:
- Netaji had worked to bring all Samajwadis together. He had brought together people from westerns and other parts of the country to form this party.
- I have always been committed Mulayam Singh Yadav and this party. It does not matter whether I have been given post in the government or party, my loyalty would always be with Netaji.
- I want to remind those who are proud of their position that posts and positions do not make anyone bigger.
Shivpal appreciates SP women workers:
- The SP state chief also welcomed the women workers of the party.
- He said, it was the women party force who suffered lathis to protect party members.
- These women were present when we were going through tough times, Shivpal stated.