'We don't need Kabristans', Sakshi Maharaj strokes another controversy
Etah: Taking Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Shamshaan-Kabristan remark to another dimension, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Sakshi Maharaj, in another controversial statement which is likely to invite sharp reactions, stated that there should be no graveyards (Kabristan) in the country.
Addressing a press conference in his ashram here, Sakshi said, "I do not agree with PM Modi's remark. There should be a law made for no graveyards in the nation. There should only be common crematorium grounds."
It may be recalled that, on February 19, while addressing a rally in Fatehpur, PM Modi had said, “Gaon me kabristan banta hai to shamshaan bhi banna chahiye. (If, land is given for burial grounds in a village, it should be given for cremation ground also. There should not be discrimination)”.
What else Sakshi Maharaj said?
- There should be only cremation grounds to perform the last rites of the deceased person, whether he is Hindu or Muslim.
- I totally condemn PM Modi's remark that if there is a cremation ground then there must me graveyards.
- If the land will be used for cremation then what our farmers will do?
- I am a Hindu and I support for cremation grounds.
- A cremation ground takes you to the door of heaven and salvation.
- Politicians do not let Hindu, Muslims. Sikhs and Christians to live as one. Let them perform the funeral ceremony together.