Ready to go to any extent if Pakistan provokes India: Rajnath
Meerut: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday made it clear that India has already settled scores with Pakistan and would not hesitate in going to any extent even in future.
Addressing an election rally here, he said, "India is a peaceful country and does not interfere in interests of any country, but if Pakistan would trouble us again, we would not spare them."
Speaking over the Uri terror attack in which 19 Indian soldiers were killed, Rajnath Singh said, "Four months back, a few Pakistani terrorists intruded in our boundaries and attacked our Army base. In reply, we carried out surgical strike and assassinated all of them. This was enough to pose a strong statement in front of the world."
The senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi for keeping India's head high in front of the world. "None of our MPs have a single allegation of corruption against them. Whatever the opponents say, but even the biggest economists of the country have accepted that since BJP took power at the Centre, India's economy had grown rapidly," he added.
Attacking the pre-poll alliance between the Samajwadi Party and Congress, he said, "Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav claims that he has developed the state, but where is the development? He is trying to mislead people for political benefits."
Recalling the milestones of his regime in the state, Rajnath said that he had provided electricity to the entire state and had also cleared all dues of the sugarcane farmers. "If we again form government in the state, I promise to provide 12-14 hour electricity to the rural areas within a year and 24-hour electricity before completing five years," he added.
He also promised to restore law and order situation in the state and eradicate irregularities in police recruitment process. He said that the BJP will eliminate cattle theft and slaughter across the state and ensure more jobs to the youths.
Attacking the SP-Congress pre-poll alliance, Rajnath Singh said, "Even SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav has admitted that his son Akhilesh has committed the biggest mistake of his life by joining hands with Congress."
Announcements made by Rajnath Singh:
- Will waive off all debts of small and marginal farmers.
- Will also clear the dues of sugarcane farmers within three to six months.
- Will provide 12-14 hours electricity within one year of taking power and provide 24-hour electricity before completing five years.
- No interest will be charged on crop loan.
- Free education to poor girl students till graduation.
- Free education to boys till intermediate, and till graduation if they score 50 per cent marks.
- Free of cost insurance for labourers and rickshaw pullers worth Rs 2 lakh.
- No interview will be conducted for the recruitment of the grade four employees.
Meerut is scheduled to go for polls in the first phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections on February 11.