Rajnath Singh jibes at Samajwadi Party's development claims
Hathras: Union Home Minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rajnath Singh on Thursday mocked at the development claims of the ruling Samajwadi Party in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
During an election rally here, he condemned the Akhilesh Yadav-led government over the essential issues like improper construction of roads, lack of water in canals and sale of farmers' corps at unfair prices.
“Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav claims that he has developed the state, but where is the development? He is trying to mislead people for political benefits,” Rajnath Singh said.
Speaking over the continuous ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army, the central minister said, "When our neighbours killed our five soldiers, I asked the Army personnel to understand the matter. They informed me that our jawans waived 'white flag' fourteen times to tell them that we don’t want to fight. But they did not reply."
"So, I ordered the Army if Pakistan fires one shot at us, do not count the number of bullets while retaliating," he added.
Announcements made by Rajnath Singh:
- Will waive off all debts of small and marginal farmers.
- Will also clear the dues of sugarcane farmers within three to six months.
- Will provide 12-14 hours electricity within one year of taking power and provide 24-hour electricity before completing five years.
- No interest will be charged on crop loan.
- Free education to poor girl students till graduation.
- Free education to boys till intermediate, and till graduation if they score 50 per cent marks.
- Free of cost insurance for labourers and rickshaw pullers worth Rs 2 lakh.
No interview will be conducted for the recruitment of the grade four employees.