Demonetisation syllabus: Rahul puts question paper for PM Modi
New Delhi: In another attack on the Prime Minister, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday came on camera with a list of questions for Narendra Modi.
His queries on demonetisation included a number of questions related to the amount of black or untaxed money that has come back into the system since November 8 last, when 500 and 1,000-rupee notes were demonetised. "50 days are coming to an end, the PM needs to answer key questions," he said.
While speaking on the Congress party's 132nd foundation day, Gandhi said, "Modiji has performed demonetisation 'yagna' for 50 families and one per cent super rich people of the country."
In next slide: Read what Rahul Gandhi asked...
Questions that Gandhi stated:
- What are the collections after November 8?
- What is the loss incurred by economy?
- How many people have died after November 8, have they been given compensation?
- Who were the experts the PM consulted before the notes ban?
What else Rahul Gandhi said:
- The notes ban is an example of how the Modi government has fostered fear among people.
- The Congress listens to you (people), does for you. It is not about what we want to do.
- Congress is the idea that it is not only my view that will prevail...I must seek out your views.
- PM Modi is doing only what he wants.
- We can all see what a disastrous decision that has been. People in the country have been robbed of their money.
- Why has Modiji imposed such restrictions on people? He just wants to instill fear among people.
In next slide: BJP Replies...
In slide read what Bhartiya Janata Party replied:
The BJP dismissed all such allegation on PM Modi and stated it as utterances lacking in maturity and gravitas. The party leaders said, "Rahul Gandhi should first answer who benefited from the VVIP chopper scam."