BJP and BSP do not want the development of dalits: Rahul
Lucknow: Launching a scathing attack on Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) and Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP), Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said that Rohith Vemula, a dalit scholar of Hyderabad University, did not commit suicide but he was forced to take the extreme step. Both BJP and BSP do not want the development and progress of dalits
"Indian Constitution framed by Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar gives everyone a opportunity and Congress also believes in giving chance to every single individual of the country," said Rahul while addressing the Dalit Conclave in Lucknow.
What Rahul said:
- Congress believes in giving the chance to the person standing last in the row.
- Combining with the nation, the Congress gave India its Constitution which remained tool of progress, development and harmony since last 70 years.
- BSP founder Kanshi Ram did a good job for dalits but Mayawati undid his efforts.
- Mayawati used dalits as vote banks at the cost of their welfare.
- Congress wants to give this country a young dalit leader.
- Rohith Vemula, dalit scholar of Hyderabad University did not commit suicide but he was forced to take the extreme step.
- There is a fight going on in the country over the ideology of Congress and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS).
Shown black flags:
- Members of the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) Yuva Morcha displayed black flags while the convoy of Rahul Gandhi was moving towards the party headquarter from airport.
- Police resorted to lathi charge on members of BJP Yuva Morcha.
- Brawl also ensued between the members of BJP and Congress.
Burnt in effigy:
- Rahul Gandhi's effigy was burnt by the Alpsankhyak Morcha at Roomi Gate.
- The protest was led by District President Mohammad Naseem.
- He said that Rahul should beg pardon from the country over his statement made at Jawahar Lal Nehru University row.