Shady land deals by Samajwadi Party would be probed: Mayawati
New Delhi: BSP Supremo Mayawati reiterated that several 'shady' land deals in posh areas of the state by the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh would be enquired into if her party came to power in the state.
"Not only these land deals but the arbitrary recruitment in the government jobs along with other corrupt practices would be under hammer," the former Utar Pradesh Chief Minister said in a statement on Thursday adding "my government will ensure stringent action against those found indulged in corruption."
Not sparing the Modi-led government at the Centre, the Bahujan Samaj Party president said that the anti-corruption laws were not being implemented in the uniform manner in the country which was a cause of concern. "In the manner, persons having allegiance with Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress are being protected by law-enforcing agencies, is giving a wrong message among the people."
Ridiculed Akhilesh for highlighting Lucknow Metro trial run:
- termed UP CM Akhilesh Yadav's participation in Metro trial run as 'childish' act.
- He should have waited till March 26 to launch it publicly.
- It clearly shows Akhilesh knows his party is not going to retain power hence the Metro trial run was organised prematurely.
- In any case, the ground work for the Lucknow Metro was accomplished during BSP regime between 2007 and 2012.
- All necessary sanctions and Detailed Project Report (DPR) was already in place before SP came to power.
- Akhilesh is in hurry to dub Lucknow Metro as his government's project which is not.
She said that it was immature on the part of Akhilesh to inaugurate incomplete projects ahead of assembly elections in the state to gain cheap publicity. It showed nothing but the 'desperation' and 'sense of realisation' on his part that Samajwadi Party was not going to receive electoral success in the coming elections, she added.