PM trying to polarise election in UP for his party’s gains, says Mayawati
Lucknow: Reacting strongly to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Ramzan-Diwali statement in a party rally here on Tuesday, Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati, said that he was trying to polarise the Hindu voters in favour of the party.
Charging him with playing communal cards, Mayawati further said, " His party, the BJP, should first build cremation grounds in the party's ruled states and then after he should make statements like this".
It may be recalled that on February 19, while addressing a rally in Fatehpur, PM modi had said, “Gaon me kabristan banta hai to shamshaan bhi banna chahiye. Ramzan me bijli aati hai to Diwali me bhi aani chahiye. Bhed bhav nahi hona chahiye (If, land is given for cemetery in a village, it should be given for cremation ground also. If electricity is supplied during Ramazan, it should be supplied during Diwali also. There should not be discrimination)”.
Mayawati maintained that the BSP respected each and every religion during its regime adding, "Whether it was providing electricity during festivals or any law and order issues, our party did brilliantly."
What else Mayawati said?
- BJP should reliase it that they are not going to form government in Uttar Pradesh.
- In the past few days, PM Modi has given false statements.
- BJP has not given ticket to any Muslim candidate.
- Does PM Modi respect every religion?
- BSP respects every festival; either it is Diwali or Eid.
- PM is playing politics using religious cards.
- Prime Minister should respect his position.
- BJP is doing dirty politics.