PM regales crowd with Bhojpuri; Kashi people chant 'Modi-Modi'
Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi enthralled the jam-packed Town Hall Ground here on Saturday when he started his address in Bhojpuri language and thanked the people of the temple town for going to poll in a large number.
Soon after Modi started his address with 'Har Har Mahadev', the town hall ground was echoed with the Modi-Modi chant. Expressing his gratitude towards them, Modi said, "I want to thank the people for coming out in huge numbers. I have made Kashi my 'Karya Kshetra' so that we can regain the pride of the region."
While speaking at the Bharatiya Janata Party's "Parivartan Sankalp Rally", Modi said, "Kashi is not just a city, it is a symbol of humanity. Our effort is to build an 'Uttam Kashi'."
What PM Modi said?
- I want to stay one night in my constituency, amid my people.
- Narendra Modi is not only the Prime Minister of India but he also is a BJP worker.
- I express my gratitude to the people of Kashi. Their blessings and affection is memorable.
PM Modi attacks the ruling Samajwadi Party government:
- Akhilesh Yadav can't see the transformation taking place in Varanasi.
- A lot of development works that were pending in Kashi have been resumed and are progressing at fast rate.
- They spread lies about 24*7 power supply. There was a power cut during their visit to the Kashi Vishwanath temple today.
- The Centre allots funds for welfare of people in the state but why Uttar Pradesh government fails to utilize it?
What Modi promised to people of Varanasi?
- We will change the face of Varanasi by bringing back its lost glory.
- We want Varanasi to be a connect between the ancient and the modern era.
- Our government has undertaken several infrastructure projects.
- We are giving impetus to infrastructure development in Kashi. Be it roads, railways we are taking every measure that benefits people.
- Work can't be done in fragments. A comprehensive approach is needed.
- Rs 34cr has been allotted for the repairing work of streets in Varanasi.
- Varanasi will get 24-hour power supply if BJP comes to power in the state.
- It is important to make Kashi 'Swachh'. People here are doing it and people in entire state will work in this direction after March 11, the poll result counting day.
- This region can lead when it comes to holistic healthcare. We have increased PG medical seats in medical colleges and hospitals.
- I want Varanasi to turn into the Health Centre for Eastern India.
- We will work towards increasing the tourism in the temple town. BJP wants that youth should get employment here itself.
- We want our weaver brothers and sisters to prosper. We have taken steps that would benefit them immensely.
- 500 regions were declared open defecation free. But what is the reason not even a single region from UP made it to the list?
- We want to transform people's lives in Varanasi in the next five years.