PM Modi to hold ‘Mann Ki Baat’ with Rickshaw pullers in Lucknow
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will do ‘Man Ki Baat’ with 11 families of rickhshaw pullers on January 22 next during his maiden visit to Lucknow after assuming charge of the post.
It will be the first time when Modi will be holding direct interaction as ‘Mann Ki Baat’ otherwise the programme is broadcast on radio.
The Prime Minister will speak to rickshaw pullers after distributing e-rickshaws to the beneficiaries under Skill Development scheme of Central Government at a function oraganised in Colvin Taluqdar Inter College ground here.
Modi’s engagements in Lucknow:
- He will attend the convocation of BBAU.
- Will attend a programme of Asthi Kalash Pushparpan of Babasaheb Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar’s organized by Ambedkar Mahasabha.
- He will flag off 2100 e-rickshaws.
- Will hand over keys to 18 rickshaw pullers.
- Will interact with 11 families of rickshaw pullers.
- Will handover cards of his six initiatives including the ‘Start up India’ to 9 rickshaw pullers.
- Will also visit his parliamentary constituency Varanasi before coming to Lucknow.
- Will distribute artificial limbs to 8,000 handicapped people in Varanasi.
Special feature of E-rickshaw:
- These e-rickshaws will be equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Is being provided with the cooperation of UCO bank.
- The cost of each rickshaw is Rs 1.4 lakhs.
- Ownership of the rickshaw will be given to their wives.
- These rickshaw pullers have got the training from a private enterprise BMC.
- Licence was given to them after they passed the exam.
Adequate security arrangements have been ensured for the Prime Minister’s visit to Lucknow and Varanasi. Twelve companies of Rapid Action Force(RAF) and NSG snipers have also been requisitioned from the Centre in addition to the state police and PAC, informed Inspector General of Police ( Law and Order) A Satish Ganesh.