Akhilesh Yadav government is anti-farmers, says PM Modi
Varanasi: Firing final salvo at the Samajwadi Party, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Monday, said that the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh ignored the grief of farmers in these many years and forced them to take the extreme step of committing suicide.
Addressing a rally at Rohaniya in Varanasi, Modi said, "UP government is anti-farmer. Why they don't help farmers in distress. Why is it that farmers don't benefit from Fasal Bima Yojana?" adding that the time has come when Uttar Pradesh must be set free from the misrule of Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party and Congress.
Reiterating that he is highly inspired by ideals of Gandhiji & Sardar Patel, the Prime Minister said that his government is working for welfare of people of this country.
What else PM Modi said?
- Being raised in a poor family, I am aware of the hardships they face.
- We would take every step that uplifts them.
- We aim to provide home to each and every poor by 2022.
- We want poor households to have access to clean fuel.
- We aim to provide 5cr families with LPG connections in 3 years.
- It is time to think about welfare of our youth so they prosper.
- Our aim is to double the income of farmers by 2022.
- We have brought the Soil Health Card. We're training our farmers with scientific methods of farming.
Earlier in the day, Modi held a mega road show in Varanasi to campaign for the Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday.
It could be mentioned that today was the last day of attracting maximum number of voters, for all the political parties, as the campaign for the last phase of the assembly elections will end by the evening.
PM road show:
- The Prime Minister started his road show from DLW guest house at 1030 hours. He was welcomed by the local party workers and was gifted a rosary made of beads of 'Rudraksh'.
- PM Modi visited Gadhwa Ashram. This place has about 2 crore followers including a large number of 'Yadavs' who are considered as the vote banks of the Samajwadi Party. It, thus, turns crucial visit on part of the PM, as he would be attracting a maximum number of electorate to the BJP's favour from here.
- The PM also met the 'Mahant' of Gadhwa Ashram, Sharananad Maharaj. The 'Mahant' said that he wants India to become a 'world leader' under the guidance of PM Narendra Modi.
- He visited 'Shastri Chowk' and went to the house of former PM Lal Bahadur Shahstri by foot. He also listened to the hymns after paying tribute to the former Prime Minister.
- The PM is also scheduled to address a public gathering in Rohaniya before leaving for Delhi.
It could be mentioned that the Prime Minister is conducting road shows after three years. The road shows were held by him during 2014 Lok Sabha elections when he was the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP.