SP has turned Hardoi into a hub of illicit mining, says Modi
Further attacking the SP over the attack on journalists in the state, the PM said that those media-men who try to expose the wrongdoing (illicit mining) in the state have either been killed or threatened to be hacked to death by the goons that the SP shelters
Hardoi/Barabanki: Raking up the illegal mining issue in the state, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attacked the Samajwadi government stating that the latter has turned Hardoi into a hub of illicit sand-mining.
Further attacking the SP over the attack on journalists in the state, the PM said that those media-men who try to expose the wrongdoing (illicit mining) in the state have either been killed or threatened to be hacked to death by the goons that the SP shelters.
"The law and order situation in the state is that worse that even police men and journalists are unsafe in UP. When our guards are not secured then how commoners could instill sense of security,” the PM stated while addressing a public gathering here on Thursday.
PM attacks UP law and order:
- Police stations are acting as Samajwadi Party offices. Police take permission from SP workers to lodge a case.
- UP alone registers 50 per cent cases related to Arms act. If unregistered cases are included no other state will even be at 100th position.
- Maximum rape incidents are reported in UP.
- Cases of murder, kidnapping, rape, extortion, riots, illegal sand mining and sale of illegal liquor have become common under the governance of Akhilesh Yadav.
What PM said:
- The state has seen huge voting in the two phases of polling.
- If we would succeed to eradicate poverty from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, we will be able to lessen 90 per cent poverty of the country.
- Development of India depends on Development of Uttar Pradesh.
- Centre has released 98 per cent of financial aid to the states for Fasal Beema Yojna, but only 14 per cent of the farmers have been benefited by the scheme in the UP.
- If BJP comes to power the first cabinet meeting will take decision regarding waiving off farmer loans.
What PM said in Barabanki:
- Earlier urea for farmers used to go to chemical factories. We decided to neem coat them and now it benefits only the farmers.
- Uttar Pradesh will progress only when SP, BSP and Congress will be removed.
- I urge people in UP to elect a BJP Government. We are devoted to development.
The eight constituencies of Hardoi will go to polls in third phase of the assembly elections and the results will be declared on March 11.