PK to take another class of Congressmen in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is touring his parliamentary constituency of Amethi on Thursday while in Lucknow party state headquarters, the new kid on the block Prashant Kishor (PK) is giving second tutorial to the Congressmen.
PK, recently hired by the party to strategise in 2017 assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh using social media and other platforms, is holding meetings with the state congress leaders and workers including UP Congress Committee President Nirmal Khatri and In Charge of UP Madhusudan Mistri.
Fresh focus on Dalit-Muslim
- Realsing the Brahamin vote bank alone cannot bail out beleaguered Congress in UP, the Dalit-Muslim vote bank is the fresh target.
- Brahamins, the traditional vote bank of the party, comprise about 11 per cent of total votes in UP.
- The Congress plans to win back Dalits and Muslims in order to achieve target of about 100 seats in Up assembly polls.
- PK will teach them the new poll equation in this regards.
- PK had asked for the names of volunteers
- In his first meeting ,PK had asked 32 names of volunteers in each of the assembly constituency.
- Out of these, 20 are from the main organsiation while others from frontal organisation and students wings.
- They will work for the party till elections.
- For PK, the immediate task in the hand is to remove inetrnal conflicts.
- The clash between the earlier team and the new one will have to be taken care of.
- The old guards will have to trained according to modern social media platforms.
- The fresh dose of confidence is required to be instilled.
- PK will take meeting for too days.