UP PCS appointments since 2012 will be probed by CBI, says CM Yogi
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday announced that the appointments made in the Provincial Civil Services (PCS) in the state by the UP Public Service Commission (UPPSC) since 2012 will be probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Declaring the same, the UP CM promised to roll out a strict law to deal with those shielding the criminals in the next session, if could not be done in the ongoing session. He made the announcement while winding up discussion in the state assembly on the annual budget for 2017-18.
In an apparent dig at the previous Samajwadi Party government, Yogi Adityanath said, "What have you done to the UP PCS? Its credibility is in question. We will get all the appointments in UP PCS made since 2012 probed by the CBI." He was referring to the period when Samajwadi Party (SP) Akhilesh Yadav headed a Samajwadi Party government in the state.
"There has not been a single appointment made since 2012 over which no accusing finger has been raised," the chief minister said, pointing out that almost 1.5 lakh posts in the police department have been lying vacant because of the previous government’s unclear intentions.
He asserted that the appointments made during the previous government, which were earlier stayed by the court, would be taken up by his government.
He further claimed that during his tenure of four months, the crime graph has declined drastically.
"During the present government, one hundred per cent FIRs were being lodged,” he said.
Speaking over the arrest of the main accused in the recent hooch tragedy in Azamgarh, he said, "Does the arrested person not have links with Samajwadi Party? He was flourishing under political patronage."
What else Yogi Adityanath said?
- Our government will not only take strict action against the criminals but would also bring strict law to send those patronising them behind bars.
- The UP budget has something on offer for every section of society without any appeasement.
- For the first time in the history of the country, the state has got such a big budget, which will be remembered by farmers for the loan waiver.
- Every department had got higher allocation this time compared to the previous fiscal.
- The previous governments had nothing to do with development of the state.
- They were bothered only in self-development.
- You must thank God that I have not brought out a white paper. It would have made the state ‘SP-BSP mukt’, on the lines of ‘Congress-mukt Bharat’.
Appealing the opposition parties to cooperate in ushering all-round development of Uttar Pradesh to make it a developed state, Yogi said, "The government was keen on development of important religious places like Ayodhya, Kashi (Varanasi), Mathura-Vrindavan, and holy places on Buddha circuit without caring for any criticism from any quarter."
Indicating towards the BJP government’s decision to provide power to all villages without paying heed to their political importance, unlike the previous Akhilesh Yadav government, he pointed out, "If electricity is supplied to Deva (Deva Sharif), it will also be given to ‘Mahadeva’ temple."
The opposition, out of sheer disappointment over his speech, staged a walkout claiming that they were not allowed to seek clarification.