Mayawati comes out in support of Jat community
Lucknow: Coming out in an open support of the Jat agitators demanding reservation, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Monday condemned the Haryana government for action of firing on the agitators.
“Jat community has now not lost faith in the fake assurance been given to them on the demand of reservation by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress,” said Mayawati in a press statement here.
What she said:
- Demanded reservation for the Jat community immediately.
- Appealed Jats for a peaceful agitation.
- BJP government in Haryana is not doing justice with the Jat community.
- Jat community was forced to stage such type of protest.
- The demands of reservation under other backward classes (OBC) are justified.
- Western UP also simmers in support of Haryana agitation