Mayawati slams Modi, Shah for giving political shape to surgical strikes
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Friday hailed the Indian Army for the surgical strikes on terrorist launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir but at the same time hit at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah for giving it a political colour.
She also slammed PM Modi for delaying the military action on terrorists.
What Mayawati said?
- Army had come true to its promise of revenge after Uri Attack in which 20 soldiers were martyred.
- The action should have been done soon after the Pathankot terror attack.
- Mayawati also slammed Amit Shah for his statement "dawn of a new India" after the surgical strikes.
- She said that Amit Shah gave a political colour to Army action.
- Government should now be aware of new challenges that may come in wake of surgical operation.
- Government and people should now be more cautious to avert any terror attack.