Mayawati dubs BJP's Dhamma Chetna Yatra as 'flop show'
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati on Friday tagged BJP's ‘Dhamma Chetna Yatra’ as ‘flop show’ and accused the party of misleading people by brilliantly ‘managing’ the event that was addressed by BJP national president Amit Shah.
Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said that RSS and BJP men disguised as dalits during the conclusion ceremony of Dhamma Yatra at the Palika stadium in Kanpur.
What else Mayawati said?
- The ‘baudh bhikshus’ felicitated during the event were also the RSS and BJP men.
- BJP has not even spared religion for its electoral gains.
- Amit Shah showed superficial concern for dalits.
- Narendra Modi too chose a religious event (Dussehra) for swelling vote bank.
- BJP is in a bad shape in the state.
What was the event?
- Amit Shah attended the concluding ceremony of six-month long Dhamma Chetna Yatra.
- The yatra began on April 24th in view of Baba Saheb Bheemrao Ambedkar's 125th birth anniversary.
- BJP anticipated large presence of Dailts who have converted to Buddhism.
- Dhamma Chetna Yatra covered almost all districts of the state during its 178-day trip.