Mayawati constructed statues in the name of development: Akhilesh
Bijnor: Launching a fresh salvo, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Samajwadi President Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said that the Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party government in the past did nothing for the state apart from constructing stone statues in parks and roads.
Akhilesh said that Mayawati wants another chance for the development of the state as she did nothing during her tenure.
Attacking the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), UP CM said the Centre's demonetisation move has forced people to stand in queues outside banks and ATMs. He added, "It was only Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh who announced ex-gratia for the family members of people who died in queues."
What else Akhilesh said?
- Samajwadi Party has full support of people in the state.
- People are satisfied with the development works by the state government.
- State government worked for farmers and poor.
- If Samajwadi Party retains power in the state, Rural areas will get 16-hour and Urban areas will get 24-hour electricity.
- Dial 100 is working efficiently but we will ensure to upgrade the service to a new level.
Uttar Pradesh will go for polls in seven phases beginning from February 11. The counting of votes will take place on March 11.