Demonetisation has vested political interest behind it: Mayawati
New Delhi: Continuing with her verbal tirade against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati, on Saturday, said the demonetisation decision was taken for ulterior political motives in view of the upcoming Assembly Elections.
The move of Modi misfired miserably as it caused economic emergency like situation in the country adding to the woes of the people, she said at a press conference here. "On the contrary, my party is opposing the demonetisation not for any political benefit but for the sake of nation," she added.
What else Mayawati said?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scared to address the Opposition in the House over the demonetisation issue.
- The move was taken by the Centre only to gain political mileage.
- Move has brought nothing but economic emergency in the country.
- Common people are made to suffer.
- The move is sure to boomerang on the BJP.
- BJP is only scared to BSP in the state as Samajwadi Party and Congress are already on Oxygen.
- PM Modi is blackmailing people by giving emotional speeches and even shedding tears.
- No sign of tension on faces of BJP leaders.
- They were given enough time to adjust black money before the demonetisation announcement.