Mayawati accuses PM of calling for 'Bharat Bandh' himself
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Monday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that he himself has called the Bharat Bandh.
The BSP supremo said, "BJP is saying opposition has called for Bharat Bandh, but in reality PM through his Demonetisation move already did this (PM ne bharat bandh ko khud khareeda hai)."
While speaking inside the Parliament premises Mayawati accused the Bhartiya Janata Party to be corrupt. "It is BJP and not the opposition which is corrupt," she stated.
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister blamed BJP of converting their black money into white and said that the party was fully aware of the decision. She said, "BJP managed to settle its 'do number ka paisa' (black money) in the past ten months when the demonetisation move was conceived and now they do not have courage to face the opposition in the Parliament.
What else Mayawati said:
- The note ban decision was so ill-conceived, half-baked and immature that it will lead the party to a permanent political exile in Uttar Pradesh in the coming assembly polls.
- The centre should reveal the names of people who got black money converted to white.
- It is BJP and not the opposition which is corrupt.
- Blaming the opposition for misleading people is wrong.
- PM must listen to opposition.
It may recalled that the Bhartiya Janata Party had regularly attacked Mayawati since the Demonetisation decision was announced on November 8 last. The BJP leaders have on a regular basis commented on the BSP chief stating that she was one of the major black money holders of the country. The BJP leaders have accused her of selling the party tickets and taking huge amount of money in return.