Economic health should also be a criterian for reservation: Mayawati
Lucknow: Stating the poor from upper caste were also perplexed with pro-capitalist policies of BJP, the BSP Supremo Mayawati on Tuesday advocated the cause of reservation on economic basis.
Not only the poor from upper caste but the poor sections among the Muslims should also be given the benefit of reservation, she said while speaking here at a function on the occasion of 60th death anniversary of Bahujan Samaj Party ideologue Baba Sahab Bhimrao Ambedkar. Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party government at the Centre has done maximum work for the private sector where the principle of reservation did not apply, she pointed out adding BJP always showed its anti-reservation stance.
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister spared nothing to attack Modi government saying due to BJP , the reservation in promotion hanged in balance. The anti-dalit ideology of the BJP was further evident by incidents involving Rohit Vemula in Hyderabad , Una in Gujarat and Dayashankar in UP,she alleged.
On Other Backward Castes:
- The political parties other than always played games with OBCs without doing anything for the class.
- OBCs were always misguided that Ambedkar always favoured SCs and STs and ignored OBCs which is not true.
- My party has all heart for OBCs and would always do substantial for them.
- To create a division among the various sections of the majority community has always been the motto of other political parties for their ulterior political interests.
- Mayawati was severe on the demonetisation policy of Narendra Modi.
- Modi government brought this policy to divert people's attention from its failure during last two and a half year.
- The BJP leaders were managing their money since 10 months prior to November 8 announcement.
- To ask for the bank details of BJP MPs from November 8 to Decemebr 30 is just an eyewash.
- The kind of hardship , Indian masses are facing due to note ban will boomerang on the BJP.
On Samajwadi Party:
- The BSP government , if come sto power in Uttar Pradesh, will launch a drive against land grabbing instances by SP leaders and cadre.
- Another drive will be launched to file FIRs which were denied during SP rule in Uttar Pradesh.
- Various financial decision by Akhilesh Yadav government would be probed when her government regains power in the state.
- UP is going through a 'jungle raj' where all emphasis is on the false propaganda of government's achievements.
- The huge money is being spent on publicity.
Mayawati exhorted her cadre to get UP rid of the deteriorating law and order, atrocities on the weaker section and rampant corruption by electing a majority BSP government in the next assembly polls in the state. '' For this you have to be alert from the lucrative offers from the ruling party and impractical rhetoric of the BJP even as Congress has hardly any presence in the state,'' she said.