U'khand remains under-developed due to Congress, says PM Modi
Srinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Sunday, said that Uttarakhand never moved on the path of progress because of Congress and Samajwadi Party and the time has come to teach them a lesson.
PM Modi, while addressing a rally at Srinagar in Uttarakhand, said that the coming assembly election in the state will change the fate of people here.
"Samajwadi party and Congress ruined Uttarakhand. They played with aspirations of people here," said PM Modi.
PM Modi attacks Congress:
- Why did Congress oppose the creation of Uttarakhand?
- Those who opposed its creation, how will they work for its development?
- Former PM Atal Bihari created three states - Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand & Uttarakhand. Both Chhattisgarh & Jharkhand progressed under BJP.
- Congress deliberately delayed One Rank, One Pension (OROP) for forty years. It was only after we assumed office, the scheme was implemented.
- They gave just Rs 500cr for OROP.
- They don't even have the data of Army personnel. When BJP analysed it, over 12,000cr was allotted by the Centre.
- Congress did not even note the difficulties our ex-servicemen faced.
PM Modi praises Dev Bhoomi:
- Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand can attract tourists from all across the country.
- This land has so much potential for tourism sector to flourish.
- Haridwar & Rishikesh come first in mind when we talk about Yoga.
PM Modi promises development of Uttarakhand:
- Centre has allotted Rs 12,000 crore for char dham for roads in Uttarakhand to be connected with the entire country in all weather.
- For kids, 16-21 years age group is crucial. Uttarakhand too has turned 16 and hence next 5 years are crucial.
- We will develop infrastructure for providing adequate facilities for the growth of Yoga.
- Will work for the benefit of poor.
- People will face difficulty initially but won't let anyone play with the aspirations of people.
PM Modi on Bollywood:
- Why people in Bollywood go abroad for shooting?
- Dev Bhoomi is so beautiful and we will give facilities to the Bollywood fraternity for shooting in Uttarakhand.
- This will also create employment opportunities.