Modi created emergency like situation: Lalu in RJD rally
Patna has been painted green and the hoardings,describing former Bihar CM Tejaswi Yadav as 'Baahubali', have been put up in the entire capital city for the 'Desh Bachao-Bhajpa Bhagao' rally to be held by Rashtriya Janata Dal's president
Patna: Accusing the Bharatiya Janata Party of making the country face an emergency like situation, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, on Sunday, attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the 'Desh Bachao, Bhajpa Bhagao' rally in Patna.
The RJD Chief criticised the Prime Minister, stating, “The country is witnessing an emergency-like situation today. Those who are not agreeing with him face court cases lodged against them."
Here is what Lalu said:
- Now, no any political party will believe Nitish Kumar
- Nitish Kumar has deceived the poor.
- No one has ditched me like Nitish Kumar did.
- Nitish Kumar hates the Dalits.
- I knew that Nitish was meeting PM Modi and BJP president Amit Shah in Delhi but I do not want to break the JD(U).
- The Party considers me Bhola Baba (Lord Shiva), but he acted like a Kaalnemi (a demon).
- He was jealous of Tejashwi and was scared of him even when I let Nitish Kumar run the government..
- We had hesitation compromising with Nitish Kumar, but we went ahead even when we knew that Nitish was not a nice person.
- I toured across the length and breadth of Bihar to help JD(U) candidates win, even while
- I was not well, had undergone surgery.
- Let us take a pledge to unseat those inciting riots and fanning communal passions.
- It is because of Sharad Yadav that Nitish Kumar became minister in the Centre.
- I got into alliance with Nitish kumar with a heavy heart.
- I have made Nitish what he is today, says Lalu Prasad at the Patna rally.
- I thank everyone of you especially those who came to the rally from flood-affected areas of Bihar.
- I knew that Nitish Kumar is not a good person.
- All the NDA leaders are my products.
- The world has got to know about the power of Bihar
Installed with 64 CCTV cameras and under the security of 6,000 deployed policemen, the iconic Gandhi Maidan was filled with lkhs of people in Patna, who came for the opposition's show of strength against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar (RJD rally).
Patna was painted green and the hoardings,describing former Bihar Deputy CM Tejaswi Yadav as 'Baahubali', have been put up in the entire capital city for the 'Desh Bachao-Bhajpa Bhagao' rally to be held by Rashtriya Janata Dal's president Lalu Prasad Yadav,to be attended by thousands of political troops.
The event, however, witnessed the absence of most of the top guns of the political field-- Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Mayawati-- have decided not to mark their presence in the show.
Despite Lalu Prasad Yadav personally inviting them, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice-President Rahul Gandhi and BSP supremo Mayawati have decided not to attend the rally. While the Congress has said that CP Joshi and Ghulam Nabi Azad will attend the rally, representing the party, Mayawati has turned down the invitation, saying her party would not attend such rally without seat sharing formula for elections in place.
Accusing Lalu Prasad Yadav of holding a rally instead of serving the flood-hit people of Bihar, Nitish Kumar's faction of Janata Dal (United) has stated it as a black day.
“Instead of visiting flood victims, Lalu Prasad is busy showing his face as well as those of his two sons. August 27 will be counted as a black day in the political history of the country,” JD(U) Chief spokesperson Sanjay Singh said.
Get LIVE updates in slide ahead:
- Attacking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for joining hands with the BJP, Sharad Yadav said that entire country will be united against the forces which are trying to break the unity among the people.
- Bihar Congress President Dr Ashok Chaudhary read out the letter of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the gathering at the rally.
- Quoting the Congress Vice President, Chaudhary said that that this government has forgotten the promises it did with the people of India in 2014.
- RJD's Tej Pratap Yadav blowed the conch shell at 'BJP bhagao, Desh bachao' rally in Patna.
- RJD chief praised and thanked Bihar people for turning up in such large numbers.
- Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad showed his solidarity with the grand alliance. He said that all national party leaders are with Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- "We always had close relations with Nitish Kumar and we will maintain that. These are the values taught to us and we will stick to it. 'Wo humare chachaji hain aur rahenge,par ab wo bure chacha ban gaye hain,'" said former Deputy CM of Bihar Tejashwi Yadav.
- “Earlier it was rally of RJD but now it has become a rally of Mahagatbandhan (grand alliance) to save the country,” said Sharad Yadav.
- Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad, Akhilesh Yadav and other RJD members share the dais with Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- CPI(M) remained absent from the show with its leadership stating that had the organisers included apolitical persons and portrayed the rally as an anti-communal gathering, the party would have participated.
- “Our party general secretary (Sitaram Yechury) or any other representative of the party will not attend the rally owing to Mamata Banerjee’s presence,” a CPI(M) senior leader said.
More in slide ahead:
- Calling the event as a huge success, Samajwadi Party spokesperson Pankhury Pathak shared some of the photographs of the event.
- The Congress and former Deputy CM of Bihar Tejashwi Yadav have together applauded the huge gathering at the ground.
- Attacking the Bharatiya Janata Party government in Bihar, Tejashwi tweeted that Sushil Modi must come and count the number of people otherwise he would claim 25 lacs people were not there in Rally.
Check out who attended the show and who didn't, in slide ahead:
Who are attending the rally?
- Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee
- Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav
- Janata Dal (United) leader Sharad Yadav
- Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Leaders from Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Communist Party of India (CPI), Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD), Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, JVM, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Kerala Congress, RSP, AIUDF, National Conference and Janata Dal (Secular).
Who are not attending?
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi
- Senior CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury
- Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati.